...I posted the 101 Acts of Kindness under pages today. I have completed several of those, and left out some of the ones that I would like to complete again.
-Write a handwritten note.
Since the day Chadd left I have been writing a handwritten letter/note every day. I have written multiple letters/day. Every single thought that I have is written down onto a piece of paper to send to my husband, hoping that it will keep him with me every single second of my day.
-Buy a little extra grocery for the local food bank
I may not have done this one intentionally, but I most certainly donated more food to the local food bank than I needed to in Harrisonburg. Rather than trashing the food or transporting it to my parents house, I donated all of it. Anything that was not perishable was donated, and it felt amazing.
-Instead of thinking it, compliment someone
Today I went to the NEX with Lindsay for stuff for her wedding. When we were in the cafeteria I thought to myself "I love that motorcycle helmet that woman has", as soon as I was within conversational range I complimented her taste. :-)
-Make breakfast for your partner
I am very glad I had the opportunity to accomplish this one when at Lake Gaston. I do not know when the next opportunity would have come along for me to make breakfast for Chadd. The worst part is, he had to ask me to make him breakfast, and it was awful! I do not know what I did wrong or why I had such a hard time, but I made him get out of bed to make my eggs because his were two different styles. I am going to blame it on the awful pan, spatula, and stove! :-)
-Collect clothes to take to a local shelter
Okay, okay. I did not collect the clothes for the local shelther, but I did donate 2 giant trash bags in Harrisonburg, and at least 5 trash bags in Chesapeake. In Chesapeake I donated them to the Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters thrift store! I think me supporting a good cause means well, maybe next year I will look for a shelter when I need to donate again!
-Recycle
Well, I recycle everyday. Today my Dad upset me because instead of leaving two empty water bottles in the vehicle we were driving and recycling them at home, he threw them away at the store. He told me I was "too green". Whatever....
I really wish that writing letters was not so depressing. Chadd has called twice, but he said they were taking away his phone today. I read online that they get 'privileged' phone calls on Sundays when they get further into training. Again, the key term is 'privileged'. My luck, his whole Platoon will be bunch of turds and lose all the benefits they have. I am just hoping that I get a letter from him soon, giving me his address. That way I can begin to send the letters I have written. Chadd- I miss you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment